From the Directed Edge Developer Base
|Getting started for PHP developers||Getting started for Ruby developers||Getting started for Python developers||Getting started for Java developers|
Not using one of the languages above?
No problem. You can still work with our API by interacting with the REST API (which is what the bindings for those languages do anyway). There's some more information on that below.
Also, drop us a line! We prioritize which languages to support based on customer / potential customer requests.
How recommendations work and stuff
- Introduction to Recommendations - An introduction to how recommendations work and how they're used in E-Commerce
- API Concepts - General info about how things are stored in the Directed Edge graph database
- XML Format - Documentation for the XML format used with the REST API
- REST API - Documentation of the methods used for communicating with our servers
- Web Services Examples - A collection of examples of working with the API using curl
Getting the most out of the recommendations on your site
We've got a handful of site-specific parameters that we can tune on our side to shape the recommendations to fit your needs. Want more popular items to show up in the recommendations? Can do. Got a trendy site where people want to discover the latest and greatest that their friends don't know about yet? Again, we're there for you.
At the moment these parameters aren't adjustable by site administrators themselves (but that's in the pipe), but it just takes us a few seconds to tweak things to your whim.
Feel free to drop us a mail if you've got questions on the API or if there's some content that you'd really like to see here.